k-Purchase is committed to continuous improvement with all of our capabilities (our systems, our Marketplace and our Purchase Advocates). As part of this commitment, we are pleased to announce our k-Purchase October 2016 Release, which includes a number of refinements and enhancements from you, our users.
Click on any description below for additional details
- Adding a Document Icon (paperclip) to Queue and Export page (Case 1034)
- New Options for Frequency of Approval Emails (Case 1039)
- Adding Revenue Account Codes (Case 1050)
- Authorized Purchase Request not correctly reporting the delivery of a P.O. (Case 1055)
- Release notes link now on k-Purchase Home page (Case 1081)
- Contents of Summary tab not going away for users who approve requisitions (Case 1075)
1. Adding a Document Icon (paperclip) to Queue and Export page (Case 1034)
The document icon on the Export page allows Accounts Payable personnel to have easy access to any uploaded documents for a requisition. Any uploaded document can easily be downloaded and printed.
2. New Options for Receiving Approval Notifications (Case 1039)
Many of our Approvers want less email clutter from requesters. So we have added new options for Approvers to receive emails one of three ways:
- Real Time (this is how it works today)
- Daily Summary
- Weekly Summary
Note that this capability is available to approvers by clicking on their name link in the upper right corner of the page. If a k-Purchase user is NOT an approver, this page is not available.
A Config Admin can also make this change for an approver under Member Management.
3. Adding Revenue Account Codes (Case 1050)
K-Purchase now supports a revenue account dimension set that can be used in conjunction with expense UFA account codes. A district can contact their Purchasing Advocate to turn on this capability. Once turned on, an administrator picks “Expense” or “Revenue” when adding a new account.
4. Authorized Purchase Request not correctly reporting the delivery of a P.O. (Case 1055)
The email sent to the Requester after final approval was not communicating the delivery of the PO correctly. This email now shows who the P.O. was sent to, their email or fax and, for faxes, a success or failure status.
5. Release notes link now on k-Purchase Home page (Case 1081)
This link takes the user to www.kpurchase.com/release-notes/ so that release notes are always accessible, even after a user has dismissed the splash page that appears on log in.
6. Contents of Summary tab not going away for users who approve requisitions (Case 1075)
Approvers in k-Purchase were infrequently coming across a scenario where they go to approver but, in the process, navigate to the Summary tab. When the approver navigated away from the Summary tab, the contents of that tab were not going away. This has been resolved.